quotable kids

keeping track of the cute things my kids say each day

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Odd Connections

Maggie was complaining of a tummy ache,so I did what all moms do, and told her to try to go potty, if you catch my drift. "It's my tummy that hurts, Mom," she said. I inform her that poopy is in her tummy (didn't go into the whole intestine thing), and is making it hurt. Somehow, things being in her tummy triggers the following comment, "Is Jesus in my heart?" I answer, "I hope He is." She asks, "Is that safe?"

What in the world? How did we get from here to there?!

It does remind me of the words of Mrs. Beaver, "He isn't safe, but He is good."

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Zoanna said…

    I am chuckling hard over here. Ohmeohmy, that made my day.

    Reminds me of when my little sister, Andrea, heard the verse, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." She asked my mom what door He's knocking on.

    "The door of your heart," Mama said,

    Andrea touched her chest for a few seconds, furrowed her brow, and then beamed, "He is, he is! Jesus is knocking on my heart! Wanna feel?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home