quotable kids

keeping track of the cute things my kids say each day

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

We don't worship Pretty


I am discovering that the issues girls have, at least my girl, are different from the boy's issues. For example, last week after I dressed Maggie for church she said, "Everyone will think I look pretty." I returned her statement with, "...and that you love Jesus." We talked briefly about going to church to worship God, not to be seen as pretty. (For the record, even though I can certainly relate to the whole vanity thing, at age four I was more interested in pretending to be a monkey - Chim-chim of Speed Racer - so I really didn't expect to be dealing with this yet :).
Later that week Maggie, after brushing her hair, said to me, "We don't worship Pretty, right mom?"

"Right on, girly!"

3 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Briana Almengor said…

    I love Maggie stories! :)
    "We don't worship pretty"...what a good, simple truth to meditate on. I can wrap my pea size brain around that one at least. I could have used this simple little phrase last SUnday when all I seemed to be able to think of was the external. I'm sure there will be another chance to apply this Sunday or before!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    What a great reminder for me! "Man looks on the outside . . . God on the inside!" By the way, I love the new look for this blog!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Zoanna said…

    Ah, now that's profound. If only the world didn't worship Pretty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home